My withdrawal went to the wrong bank account!

Cuong
New Community Member

I went to withdraw funds from PayPal to a bank account.  I entered the wrong bank account number on accident, but I had already sent the money before I noticed my typo. I then removed the account and added the correct account number.

I called Paypal and they said that the money would just go back to my account. It's been almost a week now and I still haven't received the money yet, and the transaction said that it was completed....

Any help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Cuong

I am sorry to hear about your situation and I am happy to help you.  Once the funds are withdrawn it will typically take 3-4 business days for PayPal to hear anything back in the event the funds were being returned to us.  Keep in mind that this does not count weekend or holidays.

If the withdrawal was sent to a invalid routing/account number then the funds will be returned to your PayPal account but it can take up to 6-8 business days from the original withdrawal date to be returned.  If it has been more than that and you have no record of the funds being returned then please contact PayPal directly so that we may assist you further with this situation.

I believe that it simply has not had enough time to post back and you should be seeing it very soon.  I wish you the best and have a good day.

KB

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.