Is the reciept number the same as the number you'd get in the confirmation email?

toldu17butilied
Contributor
Contributor

I bought tickets for an event. I did not log into my paypal account to do so. The reciept page came up after I completed the payment. I printed it. However I did not recieve a confirmation email. The event site says I need the confirmation number from the email. Is this the same as the number on the reciept page? Cannot find an answer anywhere, event is tomorrow. Apparently if I was logged in I could have the email resent, but I was not.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

So why don't you log in and have the email resent?

Login to Me Too

toldu17butilied
Contributor
Contributor

Because I wasn't logged in when I made the payment. It wasn't done through my account. The reason being I needed to use my father's credit card, obviously he wasn't going to let me add it to my account or anything, so I just payed without logging in.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Uhboy.

Well, you just removed all te buyer protections by doing that.

Call the customer service number on the back of the CC and issue a chargeback.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

toldu17butilied,

Paying in this manner does not mean you do not have buyer protections.  This type of payment just makes it difficult for you to invoke these protections by yourself.  These types of payments will still be subject to the same protections as any other payment made on your normal PayPal account.   You would only need to contact PayPal directly and we will assist you with creating the necessary dispute.   If you did not receive an email receipt for your transaction, PayPal may also be able to resend that email or you can contact the seller directly for further assistance.   I hope this information assists you in resolving your concern.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.