I cannot Pay Ebay items won from my Paypal Balance

Tayfun
Contributor
Contributor

For years I use paypal and never confronted with such a trouble.
I won 3 separate auctions and tried to pay as usual. I had more than twice sufficient funds in Paypal balance but Paypal refused to pay from my Paypal balance instead forcing me to pay via credit card

What is Paypal for if I cannot use my money in Paypal?

Paypal unjustly forcing me to transfer my money to my country, exchanging my USD to local currencies over very low exchanges rates of Paypal, it is just 4% loss I incured,

than I should pay via my credit card in local currency buying AGAIN USD from Paypal, again incurring 4% loss,

and two transaction fees,

If this is not plucking a user, what is this?

There is no legal and rational ground treating me or other buyers in this way? What changed most recently I cannot use my money in Paypal????

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

donna31
Contributor
Contributor

hi all, just read this and im having same probs, im trying to pay for goods i want to purchase from china, granted china has a bad rep sometimes but this company i have bought things for my self and family for almost 15 months now, i placed the order and then tried to pay with my paypal account, there is more than enough to cover this but as you it dosent give me the option of  paying with my paypal balance but insists i used my card....the whole point of paypal is so we dont have to use a card, wot the **bleep** are they playing at...i too will never use paypal again because i think this is wrong....

thanks

Login to Me Too

donna31
Contributor
Contributor

by the way peeps it looks like i swore there but i didnt i said wot the **bleep** is going on ...lol...

donnaSmiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Shaqun
Contributor
Contributor

I had to stop all payments which are usually very high limits/payments a month. There is no point to use paypal if we are unable to use our balance for international payments because we are working with companies located in US and UK, we have to pay immediately to them, it is not logical to withdraw money to card and wait 7 days then re-pay.

There is no company or company rule on the earth to wait 7 days for payments. I have also just read a news that over 500 big companies from Turkey are suspended their paypal systems due to this issue, the worst thing is, paypal did the change without a single notification to sellers. I'm sure this change will cost millions to PayPal income as there are many alternatives out there.

As a great seller, we have over 6 years with paypal. I'm very sad to say, good bye but I have to as others did. 

Login to Me Too

SadUser
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm a Turkish paypal user too and i'm very sad and frustrated because of this condition.I can not pay or buy anything with my paypal balance in international sites like ebay,dealextreme.Paypal forcing me to use credit card.

I'm a CG artist who sells 3d models on sites like turbosquid.com,the3dstudio.com etc. and i'm earning money from them and collecting in paypal.

I'm using my paypal account for nearly 1.5 years ,everythig was going well but till TODAY!!

I think paypal doing an unequal treatment to Turkish users because an American or European paypal user can use their paypal balance without showing credit card information.And they can shop in ebay or similar sites with their paypal balance.

As a protest i removed all my paypal balance,and if this situation will permanent,from now on i won't use paypal and i will cancel my account.

Please don't waste Turkish users.

Yours sincerely!

Login to Me Too

Turkawa
New Community Member

I cant believe this..

There is no point for me to use Paypal anymore.

Until this issue i always encouraged people to use paypal.. now i will do the opposite.

Login to Me Too

Yalcin
Contributor
Contributor

When will we able to send international payments again from our paypal balance?

Login to Me Too

karlp295
New Community Member

Disgusted with tis too!

I am a UK citizen and my card linked to my account for how long I don't know. I was always able to pay online with my paypal balance. I now have over $700 in my balance but each time I try to pay for anything online it says I need to pay with credit card...This is STUPID!

The money would be transferred from paypal in the states in dollars to a seller in the states in dollars, why does it ask for a crdit card and now in addition it won't let me pay by credit card and won't accept my authorized and linked credit card!!

I give up!

If I can't use my balance to pay online most of the function and benefit of paypal is lost. Hopeless!

Login to Me Too

gsonmez

This is one of the worst decision paypal made... I am looking alternatives. Because I can no pay even ebay fees. What a annoying thing  this is... I have eur or us ballance but I can not use ....so I do not buy anything from ebay... Before this I am getting money from my website's ad and buy something from ebay... Now paypal is not my online payment method anymore...I will check others...

Login to Me Too

wnettles
Contributor
Contributor

Don't feel alone there, hoss.   I have been an Ebay and a Paypal customer for over 9 years now and Paypal is refusing to pay sellers of items that I bid on and won on Ebay.    I have much more than enough funds in my Paypal account to cover the charges, yet Paypal is refusing to pay.   Not only that, I tried to close my Paypal account and get the remaining funds to manually pay the sellers on Ebay, and Paypal will not close the account and send me my funds.   They have, in effect, stolen the funds that they were supposed to be paying Ebay sellers with.   And the bad part is, I just don't know what to do about it.   I have contacted both Ebay and Paypal and requested resolution of this problem and have gotten nothing but bull**bleep** from both "Customer Service" departments.     I am surprised that jurisdictional law enforcement agencies are not **bleep** deep investigating the theft of peoples money by both Ebay and Paypal.    If what Paypal is doing is not theft, then, the term needs to be redefined. 

Login to Me Too

rberet

It's so confused. I have available PayPal balance, but I don't have any other options than paying from CC when buying eBay items...  I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, maybe my country is on test list, and that's problem. Very unprofessional from PayPal Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.