How do I block a merchant?

eisman
New Community Member

Hi have a mercant I had a subscription to many moons ago and I've asked them several times to stop charging me. They haven't. I

need to block them from taking funds from my account. How can I do this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

sandy, one of the other advisors on here, came up with this;

Login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and then select the "Recurring Payments" and the "Preapproved Payments" links.

Then you remove the seller's item.  If there's an "Apply" or "Subit" button on the page, be sure and click on it to make sure that the change is recorded.

Login to Me Too

ralfeez
New Community Member

That is a good idea, but what happens if they are not showing up in that list. I have an ongoing merchant that I can't stop. I have complained and challenged and screamed, but it keeps happening.

Help,

Ralph

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If the seller's web site is using PayPal Pro, you cannot stop the subscription via your PayPal Account as the seller has your credit card info and can simply keep charging you.   You would have to contact your credit card issuer for assistance if you are unable to communicate with the seller.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.