Have credit on paypal but want to use personal credit card instead

jgmc
Contributor
Contributor

Have credit with paypal,  just bought something but don't want to use my credit but use my credit card.  How can I over ride using my credit and bank account and buy using my credit card which is already register with pay pal.

When I go to pay I see only credit and bank account available to use.  It doesn't show show other options for my credit card that is already registered.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

clarenjacks8
New Community Member

deeviousdee
New Community Member

im beginning to think u cant, the more i use this site the less i like it, i might have to stop because i use green dot cards not bank accounts. and this interface is not user friendly at all, plus no one is answering simple questions like this one...even better. answer me the "why not" question.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi jgmc,

Welcome to the community forums!

There can be any number of reasons why a card would not be available for use on a specific transaction. It could be that the merchant doesn't take that type of card. It could be that the card requires additional verification. It could be that our internal security controls are disallowing that funding source for that one payment, which sometimes happens - the security controls are designed to be protective and sometimes they prevent legitimate payments as well. If any messaging in your account is prompting you to verify information, doing so may help. Otherwise, adding and trying a different funding source may do the trick.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MaxMcLaughlin
Contributor
Contributor

This didn't help me... I recently purchased something on eBay. I have sufficient funds in my account but I would not like to use them. I would rather use the credit card I have linked to my account... Is there anyway to change the funding source?

Login to Me Too

MAGGIECPHT
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I want to use PayPal to buy something but I want to use a credit card not my PayPal balance. Very frustrating!!! It's almost like you have to move all the fund out before you can use the card you wanted to in the first place? PayPal, is there a solution??????????????

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Amy

Hi MaxMcLaughlin and  MAGGIECPHT

Thank you so much for wanting to use PayPal for paying for merchandise!  If you would like to use a funding source such as a credit card complete a purchase, but have a PayPal balance, then you will have to withdrawal the balance first before a credit card or bank account can be used.

I understand the inconvenience and frustration with that and will forward your fb to our management staff.  Currently our site is designed to use the PayPal account balance before any other funding source.

Amy

Login to Me Too

MaxMcLaughlin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I understand the problem and Im happy with the response time, It's a bummer that I have to create a new account but lets hope for an update soon.

Thanks,

Maxmillion McLaughlin

Login to Me Too

jgmc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Amy (Paypal),

If you noticed all correspondence have the problem, not just two people here.

I find it hard to believe Palpay doesn't give that option because now I will transfer all the money to my account, taking money out of your hands just so I can use my credit card instead of cash.  I think that is a BIG Problem for paypal to continue to make money off of our sales.

Thanks for letting me know, now I can immediately transfer my money out.

Login to Me Too

Amino
New Community Member

Yeah, this is crazy!  Please fix it so that I can decide the method I would like to pay for something.  Forcing me to use my paypal balance when I have my credit cards on file is crazy!  In my case I have to buy things for work on a work credit card -- so this is imperative.  I actually can't believe that this "feature" made it through QA.  Seriously??? wtf.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.