Error Code #11068-Sorry, we could not complete your request at this time....

StephluvsBE
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am attempting to pay for an item though paypal and I get this message everytime I try. I'm a little worried since the seller is a new member with no feedback, but I took a chance since everyone has to start somewhere. I attempted to pay for the item from my iphone and I got a different error message that said the Seller could not receive payments at this time. I haven't heard from the seller as of yet. Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

megandahlia
Contributor
Contributor

valium
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced something similar. I was trying to get an item from eBay using But It Now and it required immediate payment. At the time I was out of town and I was using my brother's laptop at a hotel Wi-Fi and I would get an error message at checkout when logging into PayPal on eBay stating that my transaction cannot be completed . At first I thought it was a limit issue but my account was already verified so I didn't really know what was going on.

Just today I was bidding on another item, and I won the auction, this happened at my cousin's house, using his computer. I was about to pay for the item and I would get the same message. I asked to seller to please be patient as he wanted the money to be sent at that moment. I went home like a couple of hours later and I was able to make the payment through eBay with no hassle! It seems that PayPal is only letting me do this from the computer I normally use to purchase online. This **bleep** though and I haven't found an answer to this yet!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

valium-  Well, you've really answered your own question there.  You can only make your payment from your home computer.  Our site security has no way to determine if that's you trying to use your account to purchase something, or someone else.  Especially from a hotel wi-fi. If this had been someone else using your account, this measure would've stopped them from doing something bad with your account.

So I'm sorry that our security frustrated you.  But it really was for your protection.

Andy

Login to Me Too

valium
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Andy I appreciate your response. But then it means I won't be able to pay for items if I am out of town? I will be traveling in the next couple of months, so I don't know if there is a way to work it out. I was not able to pay using my cousin's computer in this same city. He is on a secure network. And I am not able to pay using my phone on the mobile site either. My account is already verified as well.

Thank you for your attention!

Login to Me Too

cs61
Contributor
Contributor

Andy, I also do not agree with your answer as I have paid for many items using other computers while traveling. As for the reasoning that PayPal security is protecting you by only allowing you to make payments from your home computer, I have been trying to make payments on my home computer to various buyers the past three days for eBay purchases and I cannot get any of them to go through. I either get the error code of above topic or another error code stating that PayPal is currently having difficulties and to try again later. I've spoken to PP customer reps twice; one who explained having the seller send an invoice and paying that way, however it still didn't work and than another rep who told me that PP was having technical difficulties from an upgrade and did not know how long it would be or when the problem would be fixed. I've made 338 transactions with no problem with the most recent being four days ago and now all of a sudden I can't complete a payment transaction. Why is it that a company as big as PP cannot get this problem fixed and/or give me an explanation of when it might be corrected? I have buyers waiting for their payments and I can only explain to them that I am trying to pay, but PP is the issue. I don't want to have a seller get fed up with waiting for payment from me and relist the item(s) and/or open a 'non-payment case' against me. PLEASE, can we get some answers and results? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

RICKRAUSSS
Contributor
Contributor

CS61, you couldnt have said it any better, ive been having this problem for over a week and a half, im getting emails left and right from sellers that want their payment, and no way to pay them thru pay pal. ive spoken to 5 PP reps, and all have solved nothing for me, i was told 24-72 hours max and that was LAST week. im contemplating closing my paypal account and not using them anymore, or jus close it and reopen it to see if it works? ive really lost all my patience already because i should have already recieved these items, but instead im getting emails from sellers saying they are going to put me down as "non-payment" and i have a 100% feedback record. PAYPAL, WHATS GOING ON?!?!

Login to Me Too

cs61
Contributor
Contributor

After another day of trying to get this issue resolved, I have been informed that it is actually an eBay connectivity problem that is effecting random eBay members. I spoke to customer reps at PayPal and eBay again today. PayPal rep told me it is an eBay problem; eBay at first tried saying it was a PayPal problem until the rep tried to complete the payment and stated that the error code (3005) was their connectivity problem that they have been working on, but they have no time-frame as to when it will be fixed. I sent a message to the sellers I was trying to pay asking them to send me an invoice through PayPal and than I would be able to sign in to my PayPal account and pay them Hopefully this will help some of you and I really hope that they get this problem fixed quickly since the sellers who expect immediate payment don't send invoices; you just can't get the item you want. This issue causes the seller to lose out on a sale as well as eBay and PayPal not being able to earn their percentage fees.

Login to Me Too

valium
Contributor
Contributor

Any news? I'm really concerned about this. PayPal is only letting me pay from my Home PC, not any other computer. All I got on here was an answer telling me that it is for security reasons and that the security system is just protecting me. But that's dumb, they're telling me I wont be able to purchase stuff when I travel or when I'm not home. Wtf... auctions can happen anytime on eBay!

Login to Me Too

sen
Contributor
Contributor

yep, that is what's happening to me...I need to pay for a $5 item or get strike for non-paying bidder after 2000 transactions in 10 years with 100% feedback. I put up with this because anybody who says there is a bigger better than ebay/paypal doesn't do  much on either site. They kinda have you by the ...well, you know. I'm am dealing with a new seller and dread having to explain how to send an invoice directly through paypal when ebay is telling her she shouldn't.  What a mess...and I was going to list a bunch of stuff but not now...at least til this is fixed.  It is sad it doesn't hurt ebay because their collect their fees right of the top...paypal on the other hand is losing money I'm betting. Oh wait doesn't ebay own paypal now...     😉     Please please please if anyone has answer let me know.....stuck in here in I'm really not a dead-beat bidder its ebay/paypal's fault....LOL  gotta keep your sense of humor or else....

Login to Me Too

vick441
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't purchased anything from eBay in quite a while. I used a buy it now yesterday and could not send my payment thru paypal. I've tried several times since then (including a few minutes ago). I am on my home computer. I haven't used another one to shop on eBay with. What in the world am I suppose to do? This is just not acceptable!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.