Cant send payment through ebay!!!

ter21wat
Contributor
Contributor

I recently won an auction on eBay so I clicked 'pay now', went to the paypal screen and entered my password, all ok, clicked confirm payment and everything seemed to go through ok and I get the message 'thank you for your purchase' with '

We are processing your payment of £6.65 through PayPal. You will receive an email receipt shortly. For more information about your purchase, visit My eBay' underneath. But when I go back to my eBay or into my paypal account there's no record of the payment and there's its still marked unpaid! I have tried this numerous times now but still not working so had to get the sellers email address and log in to paypal and send the money directly to her. I have now bought another item but still having the same problem!? All my cards are in date etc. Please help...Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ter21wat
Contributor
Contributor

I had a bit of time free today (and the use of the office phone) so contacted paypal and they have advised that as I can make payments directly from paypal with no problems then the problem must lie with ebay. I then called ebay (an absolute nightmare of options to actually be able to talk to someone but think I pick option 2 for selling and then option 2 for technical problems and that actually lets you talk to someone!) and they advised that there has been a problem for a while and they are working to resolve it. They advised that as I had now called in they would add my user id to the priority list and it would hopefully be resolved soon. They also said that i wouldnt receive any notification when it is resolved so I suppose I just have to keep trying it in the hope that it starts working again.

Very inconvenient and not very satifactory at all but what can you do?!!

As I have mentioned in my previous posts, if you buy something from ebay and are having the same problem contact the seller and ask for their paypal email address then log into paypal and use 'send money' to make the payment....it goes through straight away. I always contact the seller after I have made the payment and let them know my paypal email address so they know where the money is coming from. Oh and always put the listing description and number in the box when sending the money.

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Fabius
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Let me know if you figure it out

Login to Me Too

Immortium

Having the same problem. I sent the payment and when I went into "My Ebay," and it was listed as unpaid. So I paid again thinking that an error must have occurred on my end, but no. It's still listed as unpaid. I sure hope I don't get double charged for this.

Login to Me Too

bangcod
New Community Member

Im having the same issue, ive tried multiple times to checkout, i get to the end with the thank you screen, i go back to check my paypal and the money hasnt been deducted, nor is the status changed to Paid. Any help would be greatly appreciated 😃

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ter21wat, Fabius, Immortium, and bangcod,

Welcome! 🙂

I know at the time ter21wat first posted we were having some intermittent checkout API issues which could have caused what you described.  Those issues have been fixed.  The listing on eBay should update right away to show that an item has been paid for.  In some cases, it may take up to 5 minutes to update but I expect that would only be in rare situations where we are seeing high latency due to high payment volume.

If you're curious, we post site status updates here: https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/site-status

If you're still seeing this happen, please let me know.  🙂

Thank you,

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

basikbasik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I encountered the same problem as described ter21wat just yesterday.

Are You sure that this issue was permanently fixed?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi basikbasik,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the letting me know. 🙂

To clarify, there is a payment showing as "Completed" in your PayPal account but the item on eBay still shows as "Awaiting Payment" ?

Did you receive any error messages during the checkout process?

Thank you,

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

basikbasik
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply.

The problem is that at the very end of checkout, "Thank you for your purchase" screen appears with note: "We are processing your payment of US $31.42 through PayPal. You will receive an email receipt shortly. For more information about your purchase, visit My eBay." but when I check PayPal transactions, no money has been processed. Also the items at My eBay page are still in "Awaiting Payment" tab with active "Pay Now" button. I've got this problem only with one transaction (which contains two items from one seller).

EDIT: And I didn't get any error messages during that procedure.

I appreciate your help,

basikbasik

Login to Me Too

Diaznick1
Contributor
Contributor
Everytime I press confirm and pay ant the end of the payment trial i get a error message saying check out error. It happens numerous of times
Login to Me Too

ter21wat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

Im sorry but the problem has still not been resolved, I just tried to make a payment via ebay/paypal but still having the same problem as stated in my initial post above.

I know this is not a problem with my cards as to get round the it I have been asking sellers to send me their paypal email address, then I log directly on to www.paypal.co.uk, go to 'send money', enter the sellers email address and the amount, click send and they payment goes through straight away and immediately shows in my paypal transactions.

I really really want this issue to be resolved! I like to be able to pay for my ebay items as soon as i buy them and not have to keep the seller waiting and hassle them for their email address.

I have tried calling paypal but have never been able to get through in a reasonable amount of time - as I only have a mobile this has wasted my credit on a few occasions. I have also emailed paypal and received the automated response which states i will receive a reply in 24 - 72 hrs but that was a couple of weeks ago now and still nothin back!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.