Cant Send Money Instantly, Only Through Echeck ?

Lostpunkdc
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Everybody,

I was using my paypal account yesterday, and it came to a point when i was sending money, it would only let me send it through a Echeck?

I was able to send instant funds before, but now the only option that is up there is the Echeck option? Does anybody know whay this has happened?

I have my account and Debit card Linked, And i have Plenty of money in both... this makes no Sense....

This is why i stopped using Paypal Before... The oustanding fees and stupid Nonsense like this....

Can somebody please give me a answer...

Thanks,

-Lost

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MelD
New Community Member

I"m having the same issue. I'm a new to paypal but i have everything linked. I thought it was because i was sending too much money, but when I tried again with a few hundred dollars it still only gave me the Echeck option.

Login to Me Too

Lostpunkdc
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah.. I dont know why its doing that... It makes no Sense whatsoever...

Its actually Aggravating and irritating ...

Login to Me Too

qjkwtf
New Community Member

I ran into the same thing today.  I have over 2k in my balance, and I made a 0.99 software purchase.  No payment options, just got notice that it went out as an echeck.  WTF?  If the system is having problems, then I can understand it, but waiting 3-5 days for money to transfer is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

Cicada10
Contributor
Contributor

Me, too. My bank account is now only good for an echeck, according to PP. 

The reason is obvious. Call me cynical, but they want all of us to sign up for BILL ME LATER, even if they have to annoy us to do it. 

I'm sick of ebay+Paypal and will reconsider all buying from now on. I've had it with the games and stupid, ENDLESS changes. 

Someone from PayPal, can you explain the reason for this lovely, customer-unfriendly change? Do you think it's smart to anger your customers? 

@qjkwtf wrote:

I ran into the same thing today.  I have over 2k in my balance, and I made a 0.99 software purchase.  No payment options, just got notice that it went out as an echeck.  WTF?  If the system is having problems, then I can understand it, but waiting 3-5 days for money to transfer is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

s1llyducklol
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here as well. I can't even send $6.00 unless I do the eCheck method.

How annoying!

Login to Me Too

eileenkeeney
Contributor
Contributor

Yes,

It seems multiple people have this issue.

there is also an issue with updating credit card information (and credit cards which have not even expired yet, but are close, no longer being available for use).

I have had the issue for over a few weeks now.

I am told the technitions are working on it.

If it is taking them this long to fix this issue, I am wondering about the competancy of their technitions and engineers.

Personally, before I use an echeck on paypal I will use one direct from my bank and save the merchant 3% + 30 cents.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.