Can I send money to myself?

HappyTime
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to send money to myself as a gift or payment from an international bank account to my paypal account?  I know I cannot add a foreign bank account to my paypal accounts. But i am wondering if I can just pretend I am a customer of myself and send money as if I was my own customer.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Chris86_cp
New Community Member
The easiest way that I have found around this problem is to link your foreign bank account to your paypal account via your credit card. The only issue is that you are not able to deposit paypal money back onto the foreign card. Paypal restricts only one account to have the same bank account number ( you cannot open a second paypal account with the same bank account number) so I created a second paypal account, with a different email address and different bank account. Now whenever I add funds to my original paypal account ( from my foreign bank account - via a visa debit card), I can transfer to my second paypal account and deposit it into my Australian bank account, effectively sending money to myself from myself. It's a little hassle to set up, waiting for bank account confirmations, but seems to work.
Login to Me Too

HappyTime
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks... I will look into it. Sounds like a decent solution.  I may be able to just do a int'l wire transfer with my foreign bank. Also traveler checks or bank checks may work for me and be cheaper than paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.