Buying from someone with a limited account???!

garymatic
Contributor
Contributor

Today I made a purchase on ebay. Unable to send my payment to the seller, I was confused. Then, the seller contacted me saying that they had just found out that their paypal account became limited and could not accept payments.

Could I get a non-payment strike for this? If so, that's ridiculous! Also, how soon can I expect for this seller's limitation to be waived so I can buy the item and move on with my life?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome garymatic,

Thanks for stopping into the forum!

I would suggest contacting eBay to let them know the situation.  They should be able to assist you further, and explain your options in this type of situation. 

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

garymatic
Contributor
Contributor

Here is an update. 

The seller contacted me and said that I could buy the same item on his alternate account. If I do this, will I still be obligated to buy the item on his original account?

Could this be some type of scam?

Besides, since it is his PAYPAL account that is limited, shouldn't I contact Paypal instead of ebay? I guess I'm just confused.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello!

Thanks for stopping back in with an update.  🙂

The reason I directed you over to eBay, was so you could let them know that you are unable to make payment for this transaction.  That way, they are aware in the case of an unpaid bidder strike. 

Is the seller offering you a new auction to make your purchase through, or just a new account to send your payment to? 

I would exercise caution if they state they are unable to receive payment at their account--and are directing you to make payment to another.  The best action you can take is to contact eBay to make them aware of the situation.  They can take a look, and assist you with what your next actions should be.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.