Buying from a private party? Not from Ebay

jr11
Contributor
Contributor

How can i do this and remain protected? The seller told me it is safe to go through paypal but i'm new to paypal without using ebay . The only way i can buy this is using shipping therefore pick is not an option.... Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Would i get a refund if he does not send the item?

Or if the item is not as described?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello jr11! 

Welcome to the boards!  Smiley Happy

When you pay with PayPal on any website our PayPal Purchase Protection covers you if you encounter a problem. 

Please click below for an entire breakdown on our Purchase Protection!

PayPal's Purchase Protection

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

jr11
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for welcoming me and for the response however this is a private party to private party transaction no website involved. Will paypal cover the item I'm supposed to receive if I don't receive the item? Is there something like an escrow service? Thanks all responses are greatly appreciated
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello jr11,

I would encourage you to read through the section of our User Agreement that discusses PayPal Purchase Protection

I mainly want you to read through the eligibility requirements, and make sure the item being purchased isn't listed under the ineligible items.  If the item does not fall into the ineligible category, then it would be covered if you do not receive it. 

If the purchase is not done through a PayPal checkout, or involving a website, then there would not be any coverage for the item being received not as described. 

I hope this helps to clarify,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.