time taken for money from abroad

ann2
Contributor
Contributor

I am expecting payments from Holland, and Australia, made today, into my PP account. Does anyone have any idea how long it is before it shows up in my balance? They are both card payments,from customer's paypal accounts.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Pretty much instantly.

That is as long as they are paying in your currency OR you have their currency as an accepted currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ann2
Contributor
Contributor

Ah thank you. I need to check that out then. Thank you for that! If it doesn't come instantly why might that be? Any idea?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They haven't paid?

Its in the wrong currency?

You are selling on a personal account so have to upgrade to accept it?

Its a scam?

You haven't verified your account?

You haven't confirmed your email address?

You have given them the wrong email addy or made a typo when you sent it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ann2
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the account for a few years but haven't used it for a while. I no longer use the same bank, don't have the same number etc and PP don't recognise my device! I have managed to add my UK landline and remove the old bank account but they won't let me add a new one. I am currently in Egypt so cannot resolve it until I get back to the Uk in a couple of weeks! The money has been paid into PP, from a customer, with the accepted currnency, but nothing is showing up. I've double-checked the address I sent and all is fine. But I am struggling to make sense of this new PP look. It was so much easier before a few years ago!!! Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi ann2,
This sounds quite frustrating. Being abroad might trigger some security flags; that is the reason why you can’t remove the bank account. Regarding the missing payment; you can’t receive a payment if you haven’t confirmed your email address. Here’s how to confirm your email address:
1.    Log in to your PayPal account.
2.    Click the Profile icon next to "Log out."
3.    Click Update beside 'Email.'
4.    Select the email address you want to confirm, click Confirm and we will send you an email.
5.    Click the link in the email to complete the confirmation process.
I will gladly pass your feedback about our new lay out.
Thanks for posting.
Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.