sent payment but money still in bank account

andrea_uk
Hi I recently added a debit card and made a purchase on ebay for £75, my PayPal account says sent payment but the money still remains in my bank account as available funds and its now been 48 hrs. Has anyone had a similar problem or can shed any light on this issue.. thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer to paypal to reimburse themselves.

Funds can leave your funding source ie bank account from 2 hour to 3 days later.

BUT your seller has already been paid if the transaction has been marked as completed so that you get your item more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer to paypal to reimburse themselves.

Funds can leave your funding source ie bank account from 2 hour to 3 days later.

BUT your seller has already been paid if the transaction has been marked as completed so that you get your item more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andrea_uk
Great thank you that would explain it 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.