sent money to relative but they were charged a fee £10.40 ?

stevekilshaw84
Contributor
Contributor

hi  as mentioned i have sent money to a relative for free on many occasions but this time they have been charged? is there any way to reverse cancel transaction etc to remove charge as its to a family member (my father) 

thanks in advance for any  help advice

regards

steve

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevekilshaw84

Did you use the friends / family option? If so then it is only free if you fund the payment via bank transfer, if you use a card then there is a fee.

If you did not use the friends / family option then paypal would see her as a seller and charge a fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stevekilshaw84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for swift response. i am unsure as to if i used the friends family option have every other time but could have made a error? they are right next to eachother. if i havemade that mistake (is there a way i could tell?) If thats the case i assume would be down to user error ( i.e no refund or way to cancel transaction and start again to recover fee?) i have made this transaction many times using the friends family method our family name even in the e,mail just wondered if that may count in my favour or just bad luck lesson learned ?

thanks again 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.