sending money

SlowMeerkat1964
New Community Member

I don't know if it's possible to send money from my paypal account straight to my friend's bank account, if so why do they need an email? Any thoughts, suggestions and tips would be very useful. And how do you gift money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

They have to have a ppal account if you want to gift from your ppal account.

The only other way is if you gift using bank transfer from your bank account to their bank account but obviously you would need their details to do that

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi SlowMeerkat1964

You can only send money from one ppal account to another ppal account not to someone elses bank account

Login to Me Too

SlowMeerkat1964
New Community Member

oh ok thank you, was just wondering, what about gifting, can i do that directly to a bank account? or again do they have to have a paypal account? 😕

Login to Me Too
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

They have to have a ppal account if you want to gift from your ppal account.

The only other way is if you gift using bank transfer from your bank account to their bank account but obviously you would need their details to do that

Login to Me Too

SlowMeerkat1964
New Community Member

hmmm okie dokie, thank you! 🙂

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

WelcomeSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

stcuk
Contributor
Contributor

When I am sending to other paypal account holder shall I use send money button? if so do I need to write his email same as paypal account? advise please

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
Hi stuck. If buying goods yes use the send money tab. U need to enter the recipients ppal email address, so make sure u enter it correctly with no mistakes. If it's a gift payment make sure u choose gifts otherwise ppal will see it as a payment and take fees from it, also gift payments can't be disputed only goods payments.
Login to Me Too

k4mmyu

i want to pay a friend via paypal linked to my credit card to his paypal.

Will the payment be classed as a cash transaction or a purchase?

The reason i ask is that if it is classed as a payment/purchase it will be interest free on my credit card!?

If its classed as cash it will heavy interest.

Any advice?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi k4mmyu

If u send as family/friends it will be sent as a gift therefore no fee

If u dont send it as a gift it will be seen as a payment therefore u will be charged fees

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.