refund pending

sg01
Contributor
Contributor
Had refunds pending since the 12th and it's now the 22nd how long does it take I need that money for bills and daily I check and just see pending getting a tad annoyed with it all now
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Anna

Hi sg01,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear this :(

When your transaction funded by PayPal balance is refunded, you should see funds right away back in your PayPal balance

Is there any chance that you’ve funded the payment with your bank account?

In that case the refund will be available in your PayPal balance when the original transaction from your bank account will complete.

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned. However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

I hope the transfer will complete soon so you will be able to use your refunded money.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Seelsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I have a refund on hold. The seller cancelled the purchase due to being out of stock. They immediately refunded me. No issues you'd think...then I checked PayPal and it says it's being withheld pending review! Why? I've done nothing wrong. I also received a eBay message saying I could be monitored because a couple of sellers refunded me for things that did not turn up or were not as advertised. I'm being penalised for others bad practice and I'm really upset by this. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Seelsy

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

When you make a payment using an Instant Bank Transfer as your funding source the money takes 5-7 working days to clear from your bank. The reason the payment to your seller completes instantly is because PayPal pay this on your behalf and wait for the funds to clear to us from your bank. If you are refunded in the meantime the refund is placed on hold to make sure the original transfer clears from your bank. That would be why this refund is showing as on hold. 

Your refund will complete within 5-7 working days from the date of your original payment. Once the money has cleared from your bank it will be added to your PayPal balance.

I hope this clears things up. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.