receiving money to mobile number

ldunstan
Contributor
Contributor

a friend has sent money to my paypal account from her paypal account. she has sent it through my mobile number, not my email address. the money says its left her account, but its not in mine. why?

thank you 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

have you downloaded the mobile app to receive it on your phone?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ldunstan
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, it takes me to the home page and it says my email account and my mobile number underneath it, and how much I have in my PayPal account. Reading online it says I should receive a text to say I have been sent money, but I can't find anywhere that will confirm my mobile number incase it isn't confirmed?
Login to Me Too

ldunstan
Contributor
Contributor
Can you send me a link to the app just so I can check I definitely have the right one?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry i don't use the app myself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello ldunstan!

Thank you for your comments and welcome to the PayPal Community.

I have read your message and I understand that a payment was sent to you using your phone number. If you haven't confirmed your mobile phone (even if it's already added to your PayPal account), you won't be able to receive payments sent to your mobile phone number. You can easily confirm your phone number via Settings>Phone in your PayPal account (desktop version).

I would also recommend you to review with your mate that the phone number entered was correct and it matches the same format that you have entered in your PayPal account.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

evejuniperyoga
New Community Member

Hello, I have a similar problem. Would you please be able to help me?

A friend has sent money via my mobile number.
I have received a text saying that I have received the money, and to claim my payment on my PC, go to .... That link however returns an error message.

When I go into the mobile app to link my mobile (which by the looks of things I don't really have to again?), I get another error message

"Sorry. It looks like we're having trouble at our end. Please try again."

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi evejuniperyoga,

Thank you for posting!

I’m very sorry to hear this.

If you are experiencing challenges with accepting the payment sent onto your mobile number, I would recommend your friend to cancel the unclaimed transaction. Please make sure to verify the mobile number as it’s necessary before you will be able to receive payments in that way. Alternatively your friend can send you the payment onto your registered email address, just make sure it’s confirmed.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

mweadbrock
New Community Member

Hello,

Thank you first off! I just confirmed my mobile number. A friend sent me money yesterday with my phone number before it was confirmed. Now that I have confirmed it how long will it take for the money to hit my paypal account?

Thanks!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi mweadbrock,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Once you confirm your phone the money should arrive right away.  Please note though that money will go to the first account that the phone number is confirmed on. If you are not seeing it come through make sure to check that you didn't add the phone number to another account in the past.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.