"Marked as Paid", I still received no money, need help!

TechnoSniper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, A couple of days ago i sold something and the buyer said the he payed me via paypal. On my recent asctivity section, it says that the payment status is "marked as paid" but it's been 3 days and i still didn't revieve any money. it also says that it was a paypal gift and "The amount can take up to 24 hours to reflect in your PayPal balance." it's been over 3 days now, is it normal for it to take this long or have i been scammed? Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

SlainHero

Same thing happen'd to me, the guy I met on geforce webiste told me he was from Israel on skype I sent him the game code for 19,99$ EU (marked as paid) never received anything.. How can Paypal let people scam like that, I think I'm going to do that too... fcking awesome the guy have like 24 hours to scam you with a gift card? wtf is this **bleep**..

Thx Paypal awesome way to trade!
Login to Me Too

Bmisik
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, I recently traded someone 80$ worth of skins for them to pay me on paypal, and they sent me this. Pretty sure i was scammed...

http://i.imgur.com/KTeaG1L.png

Login to Me Too

JalalGrand
Contributor
Contributor

The same problem please help me i lost 0.43 BTC 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If it was marked as an invoice then its probably a scam doing the rounds as its been sent by a buyer and altered to look as though he has paid you.

Signs its a scam are >>>

its an invoice BUT sellers send invoices not buyers

marked as paid

marked as gift

says payment won't show in your balance for eg 24 hours

can't be chargedback.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.

Paypal payments are more or less instant.

Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.