"Marked as Paid", I still received no money, need help!

TechnoSniper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, A couple of days ago i sold something and the buyer said the he payed me via paypal. On my recent asctivity section, it says that the payment status is "marked as paid" but it's been 3 days and i still didn't revieve any money. it also says that it was a paypal gift and "The amount can take up to 24 hours to reflect in your PayPal balance." it's been over 3 days now, is it normal for it to take this long or have i been scammed? Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

More info required.

1. Was it an ebay sale?

2. Was it international ie Nigeria?

3. What type of item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TechnoSniper
Contributor
Contributor

1.It wasn't an ebay item

2.The person who sent me the money lives in Isreal

3.It was for a counter strike knife skin

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ah ok then did they pay you in the currency you accept on your paypal account ie sterling or did they pay in another currency in which case it would be pending.   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TechnoSniper
Contributor
Contributor

he paid in euros and not GBP, should i put in the euro currency as well?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you have euros set up on your paypal account??

The buyer should pay in the currency you accept as if they don't you end up with currency conversion fees.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TechnoSniper
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, i just set up euros on my account, now there are euros and GBP is the currency section.

Login to Me Too

TechnoSniper
Contributor
Contributor

I still didnt't recieve the money, it's been 6 days now. Is this normal if someone sent you money by using a payment method other then paypal?

Login to Me Too

r0kz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad I found your thread because I'm having the exact same problem and I'm not getting a reply from PayPal.

It's been over 16 days since someone sent me 110 USD as a PayPal gift marked as paid. Coincidentally I also sold a CSGO knife skin.

But it was a person from the US.

Login to Me Too

TechnoSniper
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, cause it's been 9 days now and i still havent recieved the payment. I'm just wondering if i'll ever get it or if i've been scammed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.