protecting my payment

nannaoffive
New Community Member

my son has asked me to send some money to someone that he is buying an item from(not ebay) but i dont want him just transferring the money to the persons bank account because then hes not protected,how can i protect myself from making a payment to someone who dosent have a paypal account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Carlos

Hello nannaoffive!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community. I understand your concerns in this regards. If you would like that your payment is available for the PayPal Buyer Protection http://ow.ly/OVdBE, then the transaction should be completed through your PayPal account but also sent as a commercial payment (personal payment or payments sent as gift are not covered under the PayPal Buyer Protection).

In the event that you decide to send a payment directly from your card or bank account (no using PayPal), I would recommend you to contact directly with your bank/card issuer to discuss about the protection they might offer. 

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.