pending payment

annestll
Contributor
Contributor

Seems impossible to get PayPal on the phone to answer my query. I paid for a flight with Monarch airlines for a flight costing £152 which is in my PayPal account, so no back up payment from my bank needed . The money has come out of my account but the payment says pending the airline completing my booking. They now want me to pay by credit card but my £152 . 

I have been on the phone to Paypal and talked mostly to a machine that tells me there is a cancel bit on a pending item, but there is no cancel option . I cant get through to any human . I am concerend as to where my money is and how to get it back. I dont really have the money to rebook the flight 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annestll

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annestll

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

annestll
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for advice, took it and finally got through, but they wont cancel and say the airline has to cancel and the airline says they have no payment or communciation. I have now had to use an expensive credit card so I dont lose the flight, and God knows where my money is 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.