payment confirmation

LRM_JUNIOR
Contributor
Contributor

i received an email from paypal saying i need to send the item and retrieve a barcode at the poste office before receiving any payment. is this true or a fake email from paypal trying to scam me? please i really need help right now i cant afford to get scammed. the buyer offered me 90£ + an extra 30£ for shipping. and the original price for my item is 60-70£. is this legitimate?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LRM_JUNIOR

READ THIS AND SEE IF IT FITS >>>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LRM_JUNIOR

READ THIS AND SEE IF IT FITS >>>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LRM_JUNIOR
Contributor
Contributor

hahaha and it was to a relative in nigeria.

thanks for helping me out here, this is the second time i get one of these people trying to scam me, its weird how theres so many scammers out there, why would you want to do that

thanks for the help much aprreciated!!! Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LRM_JUNIOR

Your very welcome   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.