paying a usd bill with a credit card that doesn't charge currency conversion fees.

phi2013
New Community Member

Hi, I am wanting to pay for a bill that I will be getting soon from America by one of my credit cards that does not charge a fee for currency conversion. Is it possible to choose this credit card to pay the bill and get the credit card company to do the currency conversion and not pay the Paypal conversion fee? By doing this I will save on the conversion fee and also I will get a better currency conversion rate than what Paypal offer. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Phi2013,

Welcome to the Community!

When you are sending a payment in a different currency through your PayPal account, you have the option on the Review your Payment page to select your bank or PayPal in order to complete the currency conversion on your behalf.

Please ensure that you select the option that you would prefer before completing the payment as you won't be able to make any changes once the payment has been sent.

Please let me know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

BearCalledTeddy
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal see this as another way to make easy money.

Why let the Banks get the profit from currency exchange when Paypal can get it instead.

Then Paypal thinks, lets add a little bit more profit on top.

So everytime you forget to change the currency setting, Paypal get free, easy money.

Paypal is now getting such a pain to use i may not bother with it anymore and just cancel my accout.

Customer friendly .. i think not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.