not receiving payments and payment requests not working.

LS77
Contributor
Contributor

so far i have never had any issues with my paypal account, however yesterday this came up.

Someone was supposed to pay me $80 yesterday. i sent them payment details and they sent the money, however i received nothing. no email, nothing at all. On their end it stated that they had sent the money and it was awaiting approval, however i got nothing. i left it 24 hours, but it still didnt come through despite me asking them to re-send.

so this morning i tried a different method, i asked them to cancel their payment and sent them a money request for the sum. these usually come through straight away, but this time the person on the OTHER end didnt receive anything. a few hours later i sent a reminder to try and trigger it to show up for them, but still nothing.

both my account and their account are fully verified and we have both never had this issue before.

any help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If they were able to cancel the payment then normally that means it has been sent to an email address NOT ASSOSCIATED with a paypal account ie an old email addy or a typo when they imputted it.

That does sound odd though if you said you sent them a money request that did not go through.

Sounds as if you have added a new email addy that has not been verified yet?? 

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello LS77!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community.

I have read your message and as mentioned by @kernowlass the sender could have not entered the correct email address when sending the payment. When an incorrect email address is entered, the payment won’t reach the PayPal account at least this is also added.

If you have sent a payment request to an email address active in a PayPal account, this request should be showed in receipt account. If the receipt is not able to accept the request (pay), this could be also related with the funding source choose.  

The best thing to do is that the sender (your buyer) contacts us directly to review if the payments are being sent correctly or this is something related with their account.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.