mobile unregistered but linked to my account?

ktbloor
A buyer is trying to pay me using my mobile number which is linked to my account. However they are getting a message saying user unregistered and when they cancelled the payment I got a text message with a link to download the app which is already installed on my phone. My mobile number is registered within the app as I use it to sign in. Why is the payment not comimg through to the account?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Beckybetty
New Community Member
Please help somebody has paid me using my mobile number rather than my email address, he says it is showing as 'unclaimed' on his end but I can't see how to claim it? My mobile number is registered on my profile but the payment is not showing anywhere how do I 'claim' it?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi 

Welcome to the community forum. 

As well as having the number added to your account you would also need to confirm it. If it is marked as a mobile on your account you can do that by locating the number in your profile section and selecting confirm. If it is not marked as a mobile you would need to add it again and go through the process. 

This is how it works:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. In the 'Phone' section, click Update.
  4. Click Add.
  5. Enter the phone number and select Mobile as the phone type.
  6. Check the box to confirm you own the phone account or have permission from the owner to use the number.
  7. Click Add.

After you add your mobile number to your PayPal account, you can confirm it if you'd like. With a confirmed mobile number, you can:

• Automatically get money into your PayPal account when it's sent to your mobile number
  • Log in faster with your PIN instead of having to type your password on your mobile phone

Here's how to confirm your mobile phone number after you've added it to your PayPal account:

1. We'll send you a text message with a confirmation code.
  2. Enter the code and click Confirm phone.

If you're confirming your mobile number at a later time after adding it, just log into your PayPal account, click Profile near the top of the page, and then click Update beside 'Phone'. Click Confirm near the number you want to confirm and then follow the above instructions to complete the process.

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.