how long to clear out of bank?

hlpx
Contributor
Contributor

hi i paid for something with paypal but didnt have any money in my paypal so it said it would take money from my linked bank account. However, it is showing as completed on paypal but money has not come out my bank yet. how long does it take for it to come out my bank. thanks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is not instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then they start the process of transfering your funds from your funding source > it can leave your bank from 2 hours to 3 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Faye_rob
New Community Member

I paid something on ebay by mistake. Paypal couldnt cancel it so I had to contact the seller. Since she had no reviews on ebay i freaked out that she would not refund me. So I cancleled my direct debit with paypal from my bank account. Would that stop the transaction? THis was cancelled 15 mins after paying the seller.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just because she had no reviews does not mean that she would not refund you.

Why not check the reviews before you decide to ruin her auction by bidding on it and then stopping payment so she has to start the auction all over again??

If you did not receive the item you can file a dispute for non receipt or item received but not as described and get a refund that way.

If it was just buyer remorse then you could re-sell the item yourself.

As you have cancelled the direct debit you can no longer use a bank account with paypal and may not be allowed to re-link it.

No it won't stop payment, what happens is that paypal will pay the seller for you in advance as they normally do and then they wait for your payment to transfer from your bank account, if the direct debit is cancelled and payment refused they may try again a second time.

Then if the second payment fails they will try your back up funding source ie debit or credit card.

If that does not go through then they may put your paypal account into negative and limit it until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.