funds not showing up in my paypal account?!!

daisy3
New Community Member

ive recently sold 3 items on ebay which have all been paid for through paypal but its not showing up in my paypal account? how do i get the money into my account?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

stevierowe
Contributor
Contributor

i have sold an item but on my ebay summary it says payment initiated but is being processed by paypal.When logging on to my paypal account i have the message "The Transaction ID in your link is invalid" in an orange box above the login box.Never had this problem before so is this preventing the payment going throgh to my paypal account?if so,how do i correct please?

Steve.

Login to Me Too

chachacheddahh
New Community Member

hi im having exactly the same problem. have you had any joy yet?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Daisy3,

My apologies in advance for the long reply.

To receive payment for an eBay item, the email address you used on your eBay listing must be added to your PayPal account.

Here’s how to find the email address you used in your eBay listing:

1. Go to www.ebay.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Sold’ in the ‘Sell’ section under ‘My eBay Summary.’
  3. Click ‘Sell Similar’ under ‘More Actions’ next to the item you want to be paid for.
  4. Find the email address you used in your listing under ‘Decide how you’d like to be paid’ near the bottom of the page.

Note: If you get an email from eBay saying you’ve been paid, the email address where you got that message is the one which must be added to your PayPal account to successfully receive that payment.

To receive your payment, add this email address to your PayPal account.

Here's how to add your email address:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Email’ under ‘Account Information.’
  4. Click ‘Add’ and enter the email address you used in your eBay listing.
  5. Click ‘Save.’

If you can’t access the email address you used in your eBay listing, send the buyer a new payment request. Ask the buyer to cancel the original payment and send a new payment to the correct email address.

Here’s how to request a new payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Request Money’ near the top of the page.
  3. Enter the payment request details and click ‘Continue.’
  4. Review the request and enter a message to the buyer.
  5. Click ‘Request Money.’

The original payment will automatically be cancelled in 30 days if the buyer is unable to cancel it.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Rogerimple
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I had the same problem with Ebay randomly inserting an old email address, despite trying everything to remove it and requesting ebay to remove it as well it still pops up sometimes and causes problems with payment.

How long does it take for the payment to change from " Being processed through Papal "  after you have added the old email address to Paypal?  Will it Automatically update or do I have to request another payment?

- Seems like once you've had a hotmail account Microsoft will try everything possible to keep you using it  -

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Rogerimple,

Once you add and confirm the email address the payment will come through instantly.

Make sure you double check the email address being used on eBay before actually listing the item because as far as I am aware this cannot  be changed once listed.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

GG1977
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue but when I go to confirm my new email address (One which I did take off a few months ago but want to re-add it) I do not get an email from paypal.

Therefore I can't accept any money as the email address I need to be confirmed, can't be as I can't confirm it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there GG1977,

Check  your spam/junk folder for this confirmation email.

If you are still experiencing issues I would contact your service provider as they may be blocking emails from PayPal.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

UltraBlu
New Community Member

HI Paypal,

im sortof new to paypal

i recently added $20 into my paypal and i payed $10 to buy a game 

i just logged into my account and my balance is showing 0.00 money!!!!!!! and im not sure why 

please help!!!!!

Login to Me Too

MpaStore
Contributor
Contributor

Paula I hope you see this.

Yesterday 9/7/16 a purchase was made for a stealthy item we sold for $700 we decided to pay for the shipping of this item in order to sell it quickly. So we had an offer and took it. The buyer made the payment immediatley after I sent the adjusted invoice.

ebay notifed me to ship it since the buyer paid in PAYPAL.

I went to verify in my PAYPAL transaction that this really was paid and note the tracking number and the funds were not there. Eventually in the transactions Paypal did show that amount had been deposited into Paypal, yet the balance of my account is not reflecting that sale, nor can I move the money. Since I offered  FREE shipping which will cost me $100 bucks - I am now out of pocket until I get my funds from Paypal. I'm feeling I can trust Paypal at this point.  Customer service beats around the bush and will not give me the true reason other than a bug in the system as to why I can't transfer the balance into my business checking account, nor wil lthey give me a defenite date that I will get my money.

I won't be shipping this item b/c I have not been paid for its value. I can't give them a refund because Paypal has stated that is

not possible if the money is not there. Either way this customer will get upset that its not shipping immediately and want a refund,

so Paypal has succeeded in causing me a loss of a big sale I worked months with posting and adverts to sale. I'm so upset

this can happen. What do you suggest?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.