eBay/PayPal Checkout Error, "Confirm Card" When They Are Already Confirmed?

Sam_Maxi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've been having this trouble with PayPal/eBay Checkout, and when I looked it up, I found many other suffers but no solution. Has anyone conquered the problem? If so, could you please help me?

Frist of all:

1) My account status is Verified, it has been for the past 5 years.

2) I have 1 Credit and 2 Debit cards linked to my account, they are all Confirmed.

3) None of the three cards have expired/near expiry date.

4) This error only occurs with eBay checkout, none of the other retailers.

Problem:

When I try to pay for an item by eBay Checkout, I encounter the error message below, at PayPal login page.

On the top part of the page, it says:

[eBay logo]

Please go to www.paypal.com to confirm your credit card before you complete this purchase.

Below that, it says:

[PayPal logo]

Return to eBay

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to eBay and try another option.

So eBay's message tells me to go to PayPal, PayPal's message tells me to return to eBay.

When I called their customer services, eBay told me "Anything to do with payment happens on PayPal's site so it must be PayPal's issue". PayPal told me "Your account is fine. There is nothing wrong with your account, it must be eBay's issue".

PayPal has a point, I do not have any problem when I use PayPal with other retailers. This happens only when I use eBay checkout.

But then, the error page's URL is paypal.com, so as eBay pointed out, it's happening on PayPal' site.

I tried the following without any success:

1) I cleared cash and cookies, tried different browsers (IE, FireFox, Chrome).

2) I tried not logging in and choose "do not have PayPal account" option.

3) I tried checking out from eBay.co.uk, eBay .com, eBay.ie.

4) I changed the "Default" card from one card to another, and another.

What else can I do??

And most importantly, what can I do to make eBay/PayPal admit the problem exists??

Please help!!

Sam

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi michael78,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If we are asking you to confirm a card when you are making a payment it may be that the card you are trying to use is being declined. We don't have access to your account here to check for sure though:( What I would recommend is getting in touch with our customer service so we can have a look. As well as the normal channels, you can reach us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK or on Twitter @AskPayPal .

I hope this is resolved for you soon.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Davit
New Community Member

Every time I want to by anything and pay in eBay by payPal i see this text - 

Please go to www.paypal.com to confirm your credit card before you complete this purchase.

But my card is verifyed and has no problem wit that!! What else can be the problem!!!! Your system doesnt work!!!! and this problem is in the last 15 days!!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Davit,

Thanks for posting in the forum and apologies for the delay. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. If you still need help, please contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal and we'll help you to follow up on this. 

Jessica

Login to Me Too

sotomaj4623
New Community Member

Every time I try to deposit, I get the message even though my card is confirmed, my email is sotomaj4623 mail com, can you help me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.