e cheque for item when I have money in my paypal account

sausage
Contributor
Contributor

Hi just used my £10 voucher paid by paypal as normal but even though I have enough funds to pay for my item it has paid by echeque that needs clearance?

Was hoping to pick item up tomorrow 

Hope there is an easy fix

thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Sophie

Hi sausage,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

It sounds as though our security system has deferred to the eCheque method when you've attempted to pay for this item. This can happen if you've had any recent reversals or transfers failed from your bank.

Even when the eCheque method has been used, your seller will see the 'Pending' transaction on their side, so I would advise contacting them directly to come to an arrangement in relation to picking up the item you've purchased.

I hope this information helps

Sophie

Login to Me Too

sausage
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like it may now have been sorted and had a very trusting seller who let me pick up anyway due to my record for feedback being 100% and lots of them.

I didn't have any refunds or refused transactions at that time and very rarely have I had any problems like that.

Most of my payments go through fine. I did think it may have been the use of a money off voucher that caused this as usually no problems.

Thanks for trying to help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Sausage.

Sorry to hear that there was an eCheck sent through your PayPal account recently.

There are a few possible reasons as to why this may have happened. If your debit or credit card is due to expire soon, that could result in eCheck payments being sent as your card will not be valid for much longer.

Another possibility would be if there is a number of payments currently processing from your bank account through PayPal. The last possibility would be our internal security system preventing your card or an instant bank transfer from being selected for the payment you are sending.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to work with your seller to arrange to get the item. 

If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, please let us know.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.