completed funds not yet available

mikeibanez
Contributor
Contributor
have just sold an item on ebay.i have got 100% positive feed back and have been a member of ebay for a good few many years.i have used paypal time and again when buying which comes out of my account straight away so why when i have sold something (as i have plenty of times before)have i got a message say completed funds not yet available?the money is usually available to withdraw straight away. i am not prepared to send the item when the money isn't in my account for fear of losing an expensive item and not getting the money.it's bad enough being hammered by excessive fees by ebay and paypal without them messing about with the money
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

mikeibanez
Contributor
Contributor
have tried ringing paypal and just going round in circles with their automated service.like i said before i am not a new seller,have no negative feedback,no pending complaints or refunds and can't see why payments are being held.i think if i sell anything more it will be cash,cheque or bank transfer and veto paypal completely
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikeibanez

have tried ringing paypal and just going round in circles with their automated service

Which is why i stated at the bottom of the phone info  >>

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Li
ke i said before i am not a new seller,have no negative feedback,no pending complaints or refunds and can't see why payments are being held.

I can only give you the ''reasons'' why I know they hold payments, I can't comment on why you have been ''selected'' only paypal can do that  >>

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

i.i thnk if i sell anything more it will be cash,cheque or bank transfer and veto paypal completely

Well I only accept cash on items that are collected but if you want buyers you need to offer paypal in my opinion as opposed to the other options you stated. As a buyer myself I would never send funds to a stranger without paypal buyer protection, so if a seller did not offer it I would unfortunately not buy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mikeibanez
Contributor
Contributor
tried both and kept getting referred back to automated system but the list you have just supplied has given a clue.could it be change of area or the fact it was an expensive motorcycle helmet?have posted the item anyway and listed the tracking number,paid for postage using paypal even though the funds haven't cleared still and marked it as shipped on ebay and the payment is still pending.it still amounts to the same thing though that it's like having your car serviced and then saying to the garage that they might get the payment before 90 days.the garage wouldn't accept that and you would soon end up in court
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikeibanez

I can only say how and why it works, I do not say whether I do or don't agree with the policy.

But for new sellers I do understand it and have been through it x2 myself as i stopped selling and started again a few years later.

But to me it was no different than working all month and not getting paid until the end of it.

Also payments are normally released between 7 - 21 days so not sure where 90 days comes into it, and most garages will wait up to 3 weeks for payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.