am i still protected by paypal?

Tahmidr123
Contributor
Contributor

so this seller on ebay has 100% positive feedback,  and 8 pages of postive seller feedback, the i am buying a laptop off him, which is gonna cost £300, he will also provide me with tracked delivery and next day delivery, the problem is he wants to avoid the large payment of £40, which i understand, so he told me if i could personally pay pal invoice him via good and services, that way i get my protection if anything goes wrong, and he will post once he receives payment, i trust this seller, however even if he were to scam me would i still get a full refund from paypal, also i am paying via debit card if they makes any difference?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tahmidr123

You trust someone that uses ebay to advertise and sell his goods and then scams ebay of the fee due to them when he sells the item??

You would have buyer protection yes BUT as paypal would not be able to view any auction or auction description then if you file a dispute for ''not as described'' you would have a harder job proving it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tahmidr123

You trust someone that uses ebay to advertise and sell his goods and then scams ebay of the fee due to them when he sells the item??

You would have buyer protection yes BUT as paypal would not be able to view any auction or auction description then if you file a dispute for ''not as described'' you would have a harder job proving it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.