Wrong email address

belpet6
New Community Member

I set up a paypal account and added it as a payment method to my Ebay, unfortunately I spelt my email address wrong and as a result I have not been able to retrieve any payments. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You would have to add your correct email address to your account, after you confirm it, you can then make it the primary and delete the bad address.  Note, you will need to remove the bad address from eBay too.  Once the bad address is gone, then you can relink your eBay Account to your PayPal Account and your PayPal Account to your eBay Account.

As far as retrieving any payments, you won't be able to - the status of the buyer's transaction on their end should show unclaimed.  You will need to contact the buyers and explain your issue - note, if the buyers may be able to cancel the transaction, if they cannot and the status remains unclaimed for 30 days, PayPal will return the funds to the buyers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.