Why is my money i have received pending and how do i get the money?

JPO2001
Contributor
Contributor

I recently was sent some money from a family member. It says that this money is pending.How do I get the money off pending and into my account balance? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK so its an echeque.

Normally when someone pays another person paypal will CREDIT that person in advance and then paypal will take the wait for the funds to transfer through to them to pay them back.

BUT they only take that risk if that person has a back up card linked to their paypal account as well.

If they don't have a card OR that card has expired and needs updating then it will go as an echeque and the receiver ie you will have to take the wait for the funds to clear / transfer from the senders bank account.

ALSO it looks as if they have sent if via goods / services rather than friends / family and that is why you are paying a fee.

Otherwise if they had funded it from their bank account via friends / family you would not have paid the fee. 

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Does it have a clearance date?

Does it say anything about a new seller hold?

Did they send it via family / friends or goods / services?

Have you verified your email address?

Have you had an email to claim the payment?

How did they fund the payment to you from their paypal account?

Do you have a personal or a business account?

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JPO2001
Contributor
Contributor

eCheque Received (Unique Transaction ID: an id)    

Business Name:   A buisness Buyer email:   an email Payment sent to:
    an email   Business Contact Information
  Customer Service Email:   an email Customer Service Phone:   a number

Total amount:   £20.00 GBP Fee amount:   -£0.88 GBP Net amount:   £19.12 GBP

Issue a refund      You have up to 60 days to refund the payment.

Date:   24 Jun 2015 Time:   20:30:33 BST

Subject:  

Somebody  has just sent you £20.00 GBP with PayPal

Payment type:   eCheque This eCheque payment will be credited to your PayPal balance once the funds have cleared from the sender's account. This usually takes 3-5 working days so please do not send any items until the funds have cleared. (Estimated completion date: 2 Jul 2015)

Login to Me Too

JPO2001
Contributor
Contributor

thats what comes up when i click on the pending transaction link

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK so its an echeque.

Normally when someone pays another person paypal will CREDIT that person in advance and then paypal will take the wait for the funds to transfer through to them to pay them back.

BUT they only take that risk if that person has a back up card linked to their paypal account as well.

If they don't have a card OR that card has expired and needs updating then it will go as an echeque and the receiver ie you will have to take the wait for the funds to clear / transfer from the senders bank account.

ALSO it looks as if they have sent if via goods / services rather than friends / family and that is why you are paying a fee.

Otherwise if they had funded it from their bank account via friends / family you would not have paid the fee. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JPO2001
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so does that basically mean im going to have to wait for 3-5 days?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Fraid so yes   Smiley Sad

Your only other option is if you find out that the other person that sent the payment did have an expired card or no card at all and they manage to sort the problem out then you could cancel the echeque and they could pay again.

But wait till they have sorted things out first or it could be longer till you get the money.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JPO2001
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks a lot 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No problem, your welcome, shame you gave yourself the solution mark rather than me   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LaurenDebler
New Community Member
A friend of mine has sent me money. PayPal states that money is received but it's pending. What does this mean? And how long will it take for it to process?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.