Why is money not in my Paypal account and they don't have a record of it when searching?

Mogsy
New Community Member

I got an email from Paypal (def paypal) to say I received money from a person (that person has been contacted and payment confirmed) but it is not in my account.  I have tried to follow instructions on paypal website- didn't work.  I tried telephoning paypal - numbers do not work on my mobile. My phone number is English mobile but I am calling from abroad (Spain).  I cannot contact Paypal.  Very confused and very upset.  This person has confirmed money been sent and has sent it before. Don't know what to do now.  HELP!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mogsy

What does it say next to the transaction in SENDERS paypal account?

1. Completed.

2. Pending

3. Unclaimed.

4. Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Secondly ask them to confirm what email address they sent to and make sure there was not a typo anywhere so the payment would go to someone else.

Thirdly was the payment sent in your currency or theirs? If theirs is your paypal account set up to accept that currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mogsy2009
New Community Member
Hi Kernowlass. While trying to figure out what to do. I checked my email settings. The error was in sending the money to the wrong account which I don't use now. Will need to close that account when sorted. Thanks for your reply. 😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.