Why can't I change my default payment method?

Swiftau
New Community Member
It used the be possible to change the default payment method for all transactions including recurring transactions. I just got an overdrawn fee because Dropvox took money out of my bank account and made a mistake so they then refunded me the amount but because I had no money in my bank account my account got an overdrawn fee of $12. I don't always have money in my bank account linked to my PayPal account which is why I use my credit card. The only reason my bank account is linked to my PayPal account is to receive money. I'd much rather use my credit card as my default payment method. This is ridiculous that the ability to choose my default payment method has been removed. Who is going to pay for my account overdraw fee? Hmm? PayPal or Dropbox. I think PayPal should since none of this would never of happened if I was able to set my default payment method as my **bleep** credit card. Bring back this option or you've just lost yourself a customer. There are others that share my opinion in the PayPal community.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay it shows you how much you are paying and where the payment will be sourced from BEFORE you click submit to pay.

If you don't want to use your bank account then you just click on "other funding sources" and select your card on a transaction by transaction basis.

Not sure paypal is at fault because you did not read the page properly before you paid ??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

laoren

The problem with this is that for some payments, it doesn't seem to ask, it just goes straight ahead and takes the money from where it considers the default.  Really annoying.

Login to Me Too

laoren

Found a way to do this.  Had to navigate to the Wallet, then select the Classic site at the bottom, then I could get back to the old "My Money" entry.  What a pain, Paypal!

Login to Me Too

gwcouk
New Community Member

Brilliant, thank you laoren! Been trying to work that out for weeks - seems to always make the newest card added as the Primary for some reason. Massive oversight in their system.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.