Voucher On Ebay

bryn02
Contributor
Contributor

I just purchased a watch on ebay. This listing and others I've seen recently, stated  "£15 off purchase of £30 or more when paying with paypal......Only valid for redemptions over mobile device." I paid via my mobile using paypal but the whole amount, excluding postage, has been taken from my account apparently. I guess the receipt would show the whole amount because that's what's been paid to the seller. Does anyone know how I get the £15 back?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bryn02

Normally the whole amount would show as the seller would be paid that so you need to check your funding source ie bank account or card and see if the whole amount was deducted there or whether it was the correct amount with the deduction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bryn02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass

Thanks for the prompt reply. The item was paid for out of the balance of my paypal account. It appears as though the whole amount has been deducted.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bryn02

Sounds odd, but as it was an ebay voucher? your best bet is to contact them directly and ask why the discount was not applied  >>>

If you're contacting from the UK, you can get in touch with eBay at 0845 355 3229. Alternatively, you can get in touch with them through social media, either via Twitter (https://twitter.com/AskeBay) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/eBay.co.uk).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bryn02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass

I've now received a voucher code from ebay, Ive also been in touch with them via Facebook as you suggested and I'm waiting for a reply. Do you know whether I can apply the code to an item Ive already paid for?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bryn02

Sorry no i don't think you can but best to check on the ebay forums with that query as i tend to sell on ebay more than buy.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.