Unverified Accounts- Sending, Receiving, and Using PayPal Funds

TammyAsla
New Community Member

Hi, I have an unverified PayPal account, and I was wondering if I'd be able to send and recieve, as well as use PayPal funds. Actually, I have a few questions:

1.) If someone sends me money via the friends or family option, will I recieve it with my unverified account?

2.) Could I use these funds for buying prepaid shipping labels?

3.) If I had PayPul funds from being sent to me from friends and family, etc., could I use those to purchase from online sites like Forever21, and resale apps Vinted and Depop with an unverified account?

4.) I have earned some money on sites like WHAFF rewards, FeaturePoints, SwagBucks, etc. If they send me my money to my unverified account, will I recieve and be able to use them?

5.) If i decided to link just my bank account, is that enough verification to be comletely verified?

6.) If my bank account was linked, could I use money from there to buy things online? Like can I use my money from my savings account to purchase? (With only my bank account verified)

7.) Is there any commision with PayPal if i sold items on Depop?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi TammyAsla,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum!

I'm happy to answer each of your questions separately, but I would first of all like to confirm that we strongly recommend verifying your PayPal account for a number of reasons, including ensuring the security of your account and building trust within the PayPal community. We are also required by EU law to request information from all customers, and verifying your account lifts a number of limits in place.

In answer to your specific questions:

1. It is possible to receive payments to an unverified account, but you may eventually reach a receiving limit. If and when this happens, you would be required to verify your account.

2 and 3. You can use the money on your balance to pay for shipping labels and from any online websites where PayPal is accepted, although if your account is unverified, you will eventually reach an unverified sending limit. 

4. If any of the sites you have mentioned offer the option to cash out the money you have earned using PayPal, you may be able to do this by following the relevant steps on the site.

5. Linking your bank account is enough to change your account status from 'Unverified' to 'Verified'.

6. After you link your bank, you can use it to send money instantly.

7. At the moment, it's not possible to make commission with PayPal.

I hope this information helps 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.