Unknown direct debit transaction

AMJ12
New Community Member
I have recently had the sum of £2.44 removed from my bank account my pay pal, yet I haven't purchased anything for that amount on eBay or any other website. I bought spam items a few weeks ago and that money was cleared and withdrawn. But now I have this transaction. It says that 'it is the first direct debit and is monthly' on my account. I'm curious to where this transaction has come from and what it's for? Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Don't forget if you have funds in your paypal account balance then paypal will take from there and if there was not enough to fund the purchase then the rest is taken from your funding source......so that could be why you don't recognise the amount.

As for your direct debit that is not monthly. It shows the "last" amount you paid to a seller. eg in my online banking direct debits it lists BT and £108 but that  does not mean BT are taking that amount monthly its just the last amount I paid to them. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.