Unclaimed Payment - Lost in Limbo

swanee
Contributor
Contributor

I have an unclaimed payment since 29th November. I believed that there was a thirty day safety net that would automattically return the money back to me but apparenty I was wrong. This is what a paypal rep said in answer to my question.

"I would like to clarify the situation. Unclaimed payments that are made to an email address that is not linked to a PayPal account will automatically cancel after 30 days. However, unclaimed payments that are made to an email address that is linked to a PayPal user that has their accept/deny on will not expire or automatically cancel. Since this payment has been unclaimed for over 30 days, the PayPal user it was sent to will need to either accept or deny it in order for the status to change. If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know, I would be happy to help!"

HAPPY TO HELP - do they seriously think that I haven't already emailed and asked for the money to be returned. The unclaimed status even stops me claiming inr so I'm stumped what to do next. I used to think my money was safe with paypal. And yes it is but I want it back.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@swanee

As its not been claimed then its just still ''pending'' in your funding source.

So contact your funding source ie card or bank and ask them to release the pending funds as they won't now be needed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

swanee
Contributor
Contributor

I have no idea how to ask my bank to do that.

Login to Me Too

swanee
Contributor
Contributor

Checking my bank statement - 

As the money was taken out of my bank account on the 30th November by paypal and so is in paypals hands I'm not sure what exactly the bank can do. As they are not the ones holding the money.

Login to Me Too

swanee
Contributor
Contributor

Amazing, despite what the paypal rep said it seems someone else at paypal thought differently and the money has now been returned.

Pity this couldn't have been done before asking and asking and resending yet another request to the seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.