Unclaimed Payment Issues

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi all,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with payments showing as ‘unclaimed’. As a workaround can we suggest removing the email address linked to the transaction from your PayPal account and then re-adding and confirming it again, this has been seen to work in some instances and filter the payment through to your balance.

A second issue relating to unclaimed payments we are aware of, is where some customers unclaimed payments are showing with an ‘accept/deny’ option. However, in order to accept the payment, you are getting a message that you need to become verified. We understand this message is showing for verified users and apologise for any inconvenience. For now it is an option to ask the sender to cancel the unclaimed payment from their end and attempt it once more. We are working on a fix as a priority and will be sure to update this post as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

HolyJoeMuttley
Contributor
Contributor

Is this also for payments via telephone numbers?

I'm having that problem tonight and I've cancelled and resent it twice now and still no joy.

#notgoodbanking

Login to Me Too

Transmig
New Community Member

My cousin has sent me some monopoly board games over from USA to UK. I only have to pay the shipping costs of approx £50. I type her email address in and complete the transaction. Refresh the page & it says unclaimed with no option to cancel. I have tried this twice & still no joy. Please can someone clarify step by step what I need to do to resolve this or a process the reciepient needs to do to recieve the money. I can then tell her how to complete the process.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Transmig,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

If you don't have an option to cancel this payment, it sounds like the person you have paid will need to accept the payment on their side in order to resolve this.

Generally, a payment is ‘Unclaimed’ if the recipient has not yet accepted the payment, has not opened a PayPal account, or has not ‘Confirmed’ their email address. I would advise communicating with your cousing directly to get this issue resolved. If they have any difficulty, please ask them to contact Customer Support in their region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.