Unclaimed Payment Issues

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi all,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with payments showing as ‘unclaimed’. As a workaround can we suggest removing the email address linked to the transaction from your PayPal account and then re-adding and confirming it again, this has been seen to work in some instances and filter the payment through to your balance.

A second issue relating to unclaimed payments we are aware of, is where some customers unclaimed payments are showing with an ‘accept/deny’ option. However, in order to accept the payment, you are getting a message that you need to become verified. We understand this message is showing for verified users and apologise for any inconvenience. For now it is an option to ask the sender to cancel the unclaimed payment from their end and attempt it once more. We are working on a fix as a priority and will be sure to update this post as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

xMADEbyLEIGHx
New Community Member

hiya a customer sent me a payment but i never received it, when i questioned her she said it was showing as unclaimed. i have not been sent an option to 'claim' it, what should i do???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ebay or private transaction? 

Unclaimed with or without a cancel option? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kcrossy39
New Community Member

I have made a payment to someone and it is showing as unclaimed. The seller says it doesnt show her that there is a payment to claim. I tried deleting the payment and re paying it but the same thing happened again. Your advice below is to remove the email address linked to the transaction then re adding and confirming it again. How do I remove it in the 1st place? a little confused by this. Many thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If its unclaimed WITH a cancel option then the problem is with THE SELLER and not with you.

IF AND ONLY IF there was a cancel option next to the word unclaimed and it was an ebay auction ask your seller to do this.>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Blackmanga

I sent a money request and was supposedly paid, but I don't think it's working.

Here's the a screencap from the seller's end:

http://s55.photobucket.com/user/Ayali_album/media/JWIS2.jpg.html

And here's what my page says:

http://s55.photobucket.com/user/Ayali_album/media/help-2.png.html

His says it's unclaimed and he has the means to cancel it (he's a seller and we're in a dispute) But I don't see any option to accept these funds or claim them in any way and my balance is still 0.00. 

The email he sent it to is my primary email account (which i cant access anymore) but one cannot remove the primary email account much less remove and reupload it. So I don't understand the advice you're giving.

Login to Me Too

lizyankee
New Community Member
It should be PayPal job to get the money back from the buyer.it was your error
Login to Me Too

maggarroo

paypal has lost a payment made to me.

It shoild be their job to find that payment and restore to my sellers account

Login to Me Too

joanieskippy
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer has paid but its gone to and old emai, ive changed my email so why has this happened and what can i do !!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi joanieskippy,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Sorry to hear about this situation.

If you still have access to your old email, you can try re-adding and confirming it. Here's how to do this:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account. 
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page. 
  3. Beside 'Email', click Update. 
  4. Click Add. 
  5. Enter your new email address and click Save.

When you add the email, we will also email you to confirm that you own it. Click the link in the email we send to confirm it.

If you continue to have issues with this, I'd advise contacting Customer Support directly. You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Hope this helps,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.