Unable to pay with PayPal balance.

kmvarty
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, recently I've been having issues with sending money to certain recipients. For example, I'll be able to send someone money with my PayPal balance and it will go through perfectly fine. Whether it be invoice or manually. Then when I try to send money to someone else, I'm unable to use my PayPal balance. Instead it only allows me to select credit card or bank account and I don't want to use either of those, especially considering that I have the funds in my account. It's extremely frustrating. Why am I able to use my balance with some recipients but not others?

I currently have an invoice waiting to be paid off but it only gives me the option to select credit card or bank account. I've paid pevious invoices with my PayPal balance so why won't it let me this time around? To note, I have the funds so insufficient funds is not an issue.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kmvarty

Sometimes paypal will limit your paypal funding source if the item is high security risk or high cost for eg.

Also were the funds in your balance cleared or pending?

Also were the funds in the same currency as the person you were sending to accepts?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kmvarty
Contributor
Contributor

The funds were not of the same currency, could that be the issue?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kmvarty

That would be it. To use funds in your paypal ''balance'' it has to be in the same currency that you are sending.

So if a seller invoices you or you are using send money to someone in a euro country and the funds are in sterling in your balance then they won't be used.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kmvarty
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help. It's all sorted now!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kmvarty

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.