Unable to Receive Funds from other PayPal accounts - error message re website

Olduser1
Contributor
Contributor

Recently my PayPal account cannot receive funds from other PayPal account holders . When other account holders attempt to send funds they get an error message - see below;
- This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions.

I am now embarrassed by these messages as I appear to be unreliable.
I then have to request funds and I get the feeling others are unsure of my ability to pay etc

Right so I dont have a website just a standard account with PayPal and have had for 15 years without issue.

And Yes I have raised this with PayPal over a week and no response to calls /emails

Any ideas whats happened?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Log into your account, navigate your mouse over "Profile" and click "More Options"

Then on the left you see "My Selling Tools" click that.

Scroll down that list to the category "Getting paid and managing my risk"

and change your settings to accept all payments there.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Log into your account, navigate your mouse over "Profile" and click "More Options"

Then on the left you see "My Selling Tools" click that.

Scroll down that list to the category "Getting paid and managing my risk"

and change your settings to accept all payments there.

Login to Me Too

Olduser1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for a speedy reply, I've checked the settings and unchecked the one for Block Payments from users who:
Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab.

Does this look correct?

Hope this works

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That sounds right, it should be there in the options, I have never sold from a website! If it don't work let me know, i'll experience around a bit!

Login to Me Too

Olduser1
Contributor
Contributor

Liz, I am now receiving payments - thanks to your advice.

Thats the real benefit of the user community- quite why the Pay Pal team on the call centre coudn't fathom these option settings I don't know.

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your Very Welcome! When I Solve a members problems, It put a smile on my face and makes me feel good about being part of the community.

Login to Me Too

skipper11121
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i cannot view the more options bit on my profile, please help someone has payed me £70 and has sent me an email with pictures of proof he sent the payment but i have not recieved anything, please help me

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.