To qualify, you'll need to meet 3 basic requirements.

im_jc1
New Community Member

Hello, 

Good day. 

I am just new to paypal and my part time job employer sent me a payment for what I did but suddenly, when I am trying to send a payment to my friend. It came out that this noticed:

Payments you receive will be in your pending balance for up to 21 days. They can be instantly available in your PayPal account, once you're an established seller with us. To qualify, you'll need to meet 3 basic requirements. 

How am I going to solve this? Am I going to wait until 60 days come? I need to do at least transaction but I cannot send a payment? Please help me with this. 

Thanks, 

Jc

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@im_jc1

If they state 21 days why do you think that means 60 days??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi im_jc1,

Welcome to the community.

Here is all of the information you need around the payment holds process http://tinyurl.com/pbh34bb

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi im_jc1,

It sounds like you have what we call "21 day payment holds". Just click on payment hold for more information.

Please post if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

nannie51
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I doubt if any notice will be taken of this but I really do want to have a say. Firstly I do believe Paypal do the job they are supposed to do in most respects. I do also believe that they do not regard their customers enough to give individual replies. Automated e mail replies are the way paypal deal with most complaints, they say that this is the quickest response and they believe that is what the customer wants. Most people could find these automated answers themselves without e mailing customer support. I would definitely rather wait a couple of days for a Personal response and knowing that I had a contact who I could talk to direct. An example of my problem may highlight what I am saying. After being with e bay for 5 years and having no problems, no negative feedback and no complaints, suddenly I found my money in Pending. I asked why this was and emailed to just receive an automated response about being a new seller and having to build up trust. I clearly stated in the email that I had been doing this for 5 years. A phone call then got me nowhere, the advisor just kept repeating what the e Mail said. For the sake of my sanity I have given up and am still nearly 3 weeks later waiting for my money to come out of Pending. Asking around friends and family and wider circles it was interesting to find out how many people had stopped selling on eBay, not because of e bay but because of PayPal. It is quite understandable that buyers have to be protected but surely 7 days would be enough. If no complaints were received in that time then free the money. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nannie51

Firstly theres a much better option to emailing >>>

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Secondly have a scan through the list below and see if any of it could apply to you??

Reasons why you may have or been returned to the hold possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

************************************

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nannie51
Contributor
Contributor

Jason4298
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I sold four on ebay for money early but sold a toy story car it said estimated 5 nov payment but did not get it got feed back as well and pay pal still pending even though ebay says it's available even if it ain't
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

HI Jason4298,

Thanks for posting in the forum. 

Sorry to hear that. Usually pending payments should release automatically after 21 days if you didn't provide tracking delivery information.  

If your payment is still pending, please contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal. You can also call us or send us an email if you select the Contact link in your PayPal account. 

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Temp20230516ab
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Paula, can you please remove my forum profile, ny username is: 1231. I did not know you couldnt delete the forum profile yourself. I only logged in to find some info concerning my paypal account but thankfully, my issue has been sorted. Many thanks & best regards. Yves

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.