This recipient does not accept payments denominated in INR. Help me with this..

StudyLayer
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal account basic currency is also INR(Primary Currency). but while checkout it gives an error. Many of Indian merchant accounts accept PayPal using currency denominated in INR. eg. BookMyShow, AbhiBus, voonik. How can I solve this problem?paypal.JPG

Eg code.

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="My Email" >
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="My Business Name">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="20">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="INR">
<input type="hidden" name="undefined_quantity" value="1">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-butcc.gif" border="0" name="submit" width="73" height="44">
</form>

I changed my email and business name in real checkout.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

The reason you are receiving the error message is because INR is not a supported Currency for the Business Account being used.

If the Business Account also places a Payment Receiving Block on currencies then the payment will not process. If the account is a US account then the currency of INR will not be supported even if the Payment Receiving Preference is turned off.

In Profile and Settings, My Selling Tools, and then Update next to "Block Payments" a US account can block or accept currencies.

I tested with a US Sandbox account and an India Sandbox account and was able to only process a payment using INR for the Indian Sandbox Account.

If the merchant account is an Indian Account and you update the Locale Code to IN and the Currency Code to INR then you will be able to process a payment in INR Currency.

<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="IN">

<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="INR">

I tested by creating an Indian Business Sandbox Account and Indian Buyer Sandbox Account. I was able to successfully process a payment with the INR Currency:

2018-03-05 08_50_58-PayPal Checkout - Payment completed!.png

If the account is a US Business Account then INR is not a supported currency.

I am including the listing for Rest API and NVP/SOAP (PayPal Standard) Currencies Supported for US Accounts:

NVP Soap Currency Support

Rest API Supported Currencies

Thank you,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.