This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged.

Doyen
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Team,

Since three days ago I'm getting the below error, I wanted to know what the problem is ? 
Please note I have 4 credit cards with different banks in my account and I check with all of them.
I dont have any open case in Resolation Center.

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

mickm1

I'm having exactly the same problem and though I keep trying, as advised, still unable to pay for my goods. What is happening???

Login to Me Too

Doyen
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Team,

Is there any way to solve this problem ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Doyen, 

This error message generally means that your card issuer is declining the payment, you can try 'More Funding Options' to attempt the payment with another card. 

This is a UK Community Forum however so if your account is not registered to the UK I would suggest emailing customer service from your account as this will go straight to the correct department and they may be able to give you country specific information.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

ConsoleBoss
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the exact same problem - cannot make any purchases at all on eBay - and my account has no limits, i have a paypal balance and my credit card and bank account are goodRe: This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged.

paypal is becoming a real pain in the backside

Login to Me Too

1MG1
I have same problem and I'm trying to use funds in PayPal not a card so PayPal is not releasing my funds in PayPal to merchant PayPal! This is unacceptable and the best help PayPal can offer me is a phone line that is down or an email with a response of 24-48hours but prob more as the phone line is down. By the time this gets resolved I will be unable to purchase what it was I wanted and then it will prob take me a week to withdraw funds from PayPal! The support is not good enough for this problem.
Login to Me Too

phil321
New Community Member

Guys, I hope this can be helpful for everybody who is about to start to cry (as I was half an hour ago) because of this really not cooperative paypal payment system, and who might want to do other things while trying for hours to make it work:

Ok, when you are on the Checkout: Review order page click on continue

Next you are on the PayPal login site

Do NOT log in with your email etc, but click on “Don’t have a PayPal account” below

Type in a Debit or Credit card number which is NOT set up in or associated with one of your paypal accounts (there could be some hassle in finding a card number that is accepted, but just keep on trying, it should work! At least it did in my case with two different cards for two products…)

Which email address of yours you type in seems to be of no importance

Click on “Review and Continue”

Click on “Continue as Guest”

“Confirm”

“Confirm and pay”

“Your payment has been executed” (hopefully)

If it works for you, please copy and paste this ‘manual’ onto other sites because it might be really helpful for others as well.

Best, Phil

Login to Me Too

tlgnbye
Contributor
Contributor

I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. Oh....it drives me crazy!

Login to Me Too

tidobest
Contributor
Contributor

having the same problem here. still cannot pay the item. already canceled the first

transaction and repurchasing the same item. PLEASE PAY PAL TEAM HELP US SOLVE THIS PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there tidobest, 

We cannot give you any further advise than the above I am afraid. This error message generally means your card issuer is declining your payment.

You need to speak to them directly as to the reason they are not authorising these payments.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.