Text received to say money sent to me but not showing on my balance

Ktp1982
New Community Member
I’ve had a text to say money has been sent to me. There’s a link to follow to claim the money - which I have done. It says the money is in my account but it’s not showing on my PayPal balance? I’ve waited overnight and checked again but it’s still not there!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Ktp1982.

Thanks for reaching out. 

If you have been sent a payment to your phone number that is registered on PayPal, this phone number would need to be registered on your PayPal account through the settings page. 

You should check the 'Settings' page on your PayPal account to ensure that this phone number is active on your account. If you had this number active on a previous PayPal account, this could result in the funds not linking with your current PayPal account. 

You should ask the sender of the payment if the funds are showing as pending on their side. If they are, they should have the option to cancel the transaction on their PayPal account. Once they do this, they can send the payment to your primary email address on your PayPal account.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.