Spoof@paypal.com Rejected Fraudulent Email Sent to Me Twice. What now?

jlstifel
Contributor
Contributor

I have received obviously fraudulent email with an attachment asking me to download it and fill it out. Of course, I did not download it. I went to the PayPal site to find out what I should do to report it to them. It's obvious that the sender is trying to hack my account and maybe get in the back door to hack PayPal.

Instructions on the PayPal site said to forward the email to spoof@paypal.com.  I did this for the first one I got and then I did this again for the second one.  Both times the server rejected it so I was unable to give PayPal a heads up so maybe they could track down these thieves and stop them. 

I looked in the help files and there was no more help for this problem. Then I called the help contact phone and only got a recording telling me to do just exactly what I had already done, to no avail. Then I tried to talk to an agent and the recording told me that there was some technical difficulty so there was no way to talk to anyone.

So, why is it that PayPal has no access for human beings who are their clients to contact them with important issues?  I am really upset now.  I am a long-time customer and this is pretty shabby treatment.  I'm sure they make money from the sellers whom I pay through my PayPal account.

I give up!

Judi

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jlstifel

You only need to forward them on if you are unsure they are a spoof.

If you know they are a spoof then i just delete and ignore them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jlstifel

You only need to forward them on if you are unsure they are a spoof.

If you know they are a spoof then i just delete and ignore them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jlstifel
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for responding. I will follow your advice. I thought PayPay would want to track these thieves down and disable them because of the attachment they want me to fill out and return to them I know they want to hack my account, but I'm sure they are sending thousands more and I thought they might want to post a warning at least. Thanks again. Judi
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.