Silly pending payment situation

Nalfylatino87
Contributor
Contributor

I will re-post to give a more accurate picture of my problem on here. I am new to this community, to be fair I never thought I would be here to complain or ask about my pending payments as customer service usually has this covered, but this time I have been treated like garbage for no reason.

I have a pending balance after I sold my phone on Ebay. I sold multiple things in addition to the phone, and those things have arrived at my account without any problem. Now, the sale from this phone is now a payment hold, which is not a problem seeing as I realise that I am a new seller and have yet to even reach the 25 sale barrier. Despite that, my record has been 100% and have not received any complaints. I have made sure to cover my bases by providing the best possible service along with free postage with nearly everything. I want to build up my reputation obviously.

Regarding this payment hold, I sold my phone for £349.00. I made sure to post the phone the very SAME day that I got the order through, and I did through special 24 hour delivery using Royal Mail/ParcelForce. The tracking information was added to the site, the seller and I were able to keep track of things to make sure everything went smoothly. The item arrived, and he signed for it (the website showed me the details, and the ebay tracking information when you click on it also informs the item was delivered on the 2nd of June). Now, I am rather stumped as I have contacted Paypal several times regarding the release of payment as it has been well over three days since my buyer has had the item delivered. Your site clearly states this line 'When we can confirm delivery, funds should be available in three days after delivery has been verified.' This clearly states, as I provided this information which is clearly visible, I should now have access to my funds. The fact that this is being held is unacceptable and it goes against anything you have told me. I would also like to note that there is a bug in your site where despite me putting in the right tracking number, when clicked on your paypal site (this does not happen in Ebay), it misses out the letters, thus giving an error when it takes you to the parcelforce website. This is obviously a probable reason as to why I have not heard a thing, and points out the pure incompetence of your staff. Just for your reference, the tracking number for the parcel is AF444154868GB Your site seems to leave out the AF and the GB at both ends so it gives an error, but if you try to manually copy that and paste in the proper site, you will get your information. That is all you have to do. Simple.

Another thing I would like to mention. I called customer services, talked to an American woman only to be fobbed off straight away being told as I am a casual seller I will have to wait until Thursday 9th of June. I do not accept that as I have gone out of my way to provide excellent service. I also happen to know she was lying. In fact, as I have pointed out before, since I provided reliable tracking information, the information clearly states it was delivered the 2nd of June, therefore three days after that, I can have access to my pending funds. This has also been confirmed by a past customer service advisor who was there to help me after I had another payment held on pending status. 

I am obviously disturbed and annoyed, and would like to get some clarification by someone as I have had enough of Paypal not replying to me, fobbing me off, and treating me like a piece of garbage. I hope I can get through to someone as I generally trust Paypal and Ebay. Despite these small niggles I have always supported your sites, and strived to become a good seller. But the smaller issues are growing to become bigger problems. 

Sincerely,

Natalie Hughes

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nalfylatino87

This is NOT paypal customer services, this is a user to user help forum so it is NOT our site.

Also ebay and paypal are now totally separate companies from a few months back and this is an EBAY and not a paypal hold.

Only ebay can authorise paypal to release the funds early so suggest you contact them direct.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Avenger6
Contributor
Contributor

Can I just ask you, when you posted the listing on ebay and put down the estimated delivery time which option would have been shown on the listing? Was it the next day delivery or something else?

With the tracking info the money for the item is usually released in 3 days + the estimated delivery time, so for example if you sent the item on the 1st of june and uploaded the tracking info immediately funds would have been released on the 5th, if it had been 3 days for estimated delivery, the money would be available on the 8th, if that makes sense.

If ths is absolutely the case and it is an ebay hold issue the money should be released to you and if they aren't PayPal should be able to manually release these funds for you if the expected delivery date has passed, I would suggest calling them again and asking for them to raise a service request which allows a manager to do this for you as in some cases the money does not clear to the PayPal account automatically as the system is not absolute.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi Nalfylatino87,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

Your question is very account specific. For this reason I recommend reaching out to us by Facebook or Twitter so we can assist you better. You can contact us on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/ or you can Tweet @AskPayPal.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.