Sent money to wrong person

mickeyfinn
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sent money to the wrong email account and this person has accepted the transaction so i am unable to cancel it,

as it was to a friend i sent it as gift.

Since i sent it i noticed that i had put a letter wrong in the email address. I emailed him straight away to advise that i sent it to the wrong email account.

I since raised a dispute claim and that was closed and had an email advising me that my dispute was declined.

i sent a request for a refund to the person and not heard anything and have tried to contact paypal via twitter and facebook and all the messages have gone unanswered.. great customer service !!!

Now getting fed up as the amount was £28.00 I have sent the recipient a reminder but short of threatening him with criminal procedures, im at a point when im sure that i wont get that back.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mickeyfinn

Can you not start duplicate threads please, its against board rules and you have already had your answer.

/t5/About-Payments/Money-sent-in-error-to-wrong-person/m-p/1056948#M58112

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mickeyfinn

Can you not start duplicate threads please, its against board rules and you have already had your answer.

/t5/About-Payments/Money-sent-in-error-to-wrong-person/m-p/1056948#M58112

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.